Promotional Trade Show Giveaway Strategies
Draw your prospects into your booth with thoughtful placement
- Reverse the grab and run phenomenon. Encourage your prospects to come to you.
- Visitors interested in your imprinted gifts often find themselves open to learn more once engaged.
- Don't be Father Christmas. You will increase ROI by better using promo items as incentives rather than giveaways.
- Position display cheaper promotional items (e.g. branded pens and pencils) at the front for fast walkers-bys.
It’s only natural. Most trade show prospects will do everything they can to protect themselves from an uncomfortable conversation. If they can, they will grab your best business gifts from the table and make a run for it. No eye contact, no words exchanged and all before you have chance to extend your hand and open your mouth. When this happens, you are losing out on a valuable opportunity to even briefly introduce yourself and make a personal face to face connection.
The solution to this is simple! Display your custom promo products nearer the back of your stall or table. This will draw in your potential customers into the ‘personal space’ of your corporate booth, making starting a conversation less intrusive. By significantly increasing the likelihood of shaking hands and making a strong personal connection with your client, appealing promotional products have a strong return on investment.
Use a branded note pad & stapler for personalised customer notesAdd that special touch to the customer's tradeshow interaction by using a branded memopad with your logo watermarked on the pages. Write a message, product detail, phone number or price on this pad with a classy corporate engraved pen and staple this note to a professionally printed pamphlet using a logo'd stapler. This shows your customer that your company are serious, confident and proud of your brand and should be trusted.
Outrageous and cleverly targeted promotional products attract eyeballs
- You shouldn't need to wave / push branded products into customers faces.
- A creative product will naturally draw the crowd towards your corporate display.
The more you can tie your promotional products in with the brand, theme, industry and mascot of your company the more trust and respect you will earn. A traditional 'same old pen' scattergun strategy is still often effective, but you can really optimise results by thinking and investing in a product which really shows you thought about your target customer.
Involve your corporate merchandise as a conversation starter
- Break the ice with a dialogue on a non threatening exchange of promotional products.
- Lead on to describe why the tradeshow giveaway relates to their unique.
- Eye contact and a warm smile will encourage the customer to initiate the conversation.
Reward proactive warm prospects with higher value promotional products
- Reward trade show prospects who demonstrate initiative by approaching the stall.
- Reserve something very special behind the table only for the best leads.
- E.g. Play to warm prospects ego by giving them a premium pen rather than the standard pencil.
The second tier includes some higher value $3+ products that are only available to those who take the time to ask about your products and hold a conversation. The third tier of promotional trade show giveaway products are given only to the highest potential customers who have purchased or given an indication or commitment they are likely to purchase. The third tier of products might include a quality metal engraved pen, a plush toy or a vacuum flask.
The speciality second and third tier branded tradeshow gifts should be handed to the customer personally in combination with a thankyou or gesture of appreciation like "I've really enjoyed our conversation. Here is a gift to say thanks for your time. I hope you choose to sign up with ACME Inc".
Use high value branded corporate gifts in lucky dip or random prize drawYour tradeshow visitors love a gamble, especially when it’s free and they have nothing to lose! Harness curiosity and the fun of pot luck by giving every visitor a promotional products lucky dip. By including a few high perceived value top quality promotional items (e.g. a digital photo frame or a multipurpose pocket knife) in the random prize draw you will have no problems finding prospects willing to introduce themselves to you. Since this creative form of promo tradeshow giveaway is a more immersive experience it has a much improved effect on brand remembrance and loyalty. In fact, don’t be surprised if word of your lucky dip spreads throughout the conference like promotional wildfire.
Match your brand image with the value of your tradeshow giveaway
- A quality, trust and respect driven brand will suit smaller quantities of higher value imprinted products.
- A price competitive, speed or convenience driven brand will suit higher volumes of cheap promo gifts.
Always attach a business card, discount incentive, brochure or call to action
- Double the ROI effectiveness of your logo’d business gift by adding a reason to act.
- E.g. a tradeshow only 20% discount that expires at the end of the month.
- E.g. a brochure that explains the corporate novelty item and briefly outlines the product / service tie-in.
Ask powerful questions that lead towards powerful answers
- Asking “Can I help you?” nine times out of ten will be followed by “No thanks, just looking”.
- Instead ask higher converting questions such as “What interests you about Acme Inc?
- Use questions targeted to your industry E.g. “Are you a Mac or a PC user? By the way, we support both.”
Generate a marketing gift feeding frenzy to generate buzz and visibility
- Stand out from your competitors by filling your tradeshow area with excited smiles and grateful faces.
- Generous use of promotional products generates a strong attractive positive energy.
- Generate trust and goodwill from a distance. Draw a crowd and create a buzz on the trade show floor.